Theme for 2018: ¡El español y el portugués en marcha! / O espanhol e o português em movimento!
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS: (Please, carefully read the following information.)
SPONSORING TEACHERS: A teacher may submit ONLY three posters per level: grades K‐3, grades 4‐5, grades 6‐8, and 9-12 Sponsoring teachers of students entering the contest must be AATSP-VA members with dues paid for 2017.
CRITERIA FOR DEVELOPING THE PAPER POSTER (K-8):
- Each poster must be the original work of one student; a poster by multiple artists will not be considered.
- Posters must measure 12 X 18 inches.
- Posters may be created using pencils, crayons, pens, paints, or markers.
- Any writing on the poster must be in SPANISH and/or PORTUGUESE.
- The Theme: ¡El español y el portugués en marcha! and/or O espanhol e o português em movimento! must appear on the poster.
- Students may use a variety of artistic approaches to represent the theme.
- Posters will be judged on their applicability to the theme, creativity, and uniqueness.
- Each poster must be accompanied by the Student Information Form (attached in the poster contest email) which may be duplicated as needed. PLEASE TYPE all information and attach the form to the back of the student poster with tape on all four sides of the form; do not staple the form to the poster. Scan and email completed forms to address below.
NOTE: Teachers please provide your school’s mailing address if it is different from the street address.
CRITERIA FOR DEVELOPING THE HIGH SCHOOL DIGITAL POSTER
1. Sponsoring teachers must be AATSP members with dues paid for 2017.
2. All posters must have the theme on the poster, Español: ¡El español y el portugués en marcha! Português: O espanhol e o português em movimento!
3. Each poster must be the original work of one student; group entries will not be considered.
4. Posters may be in the form of graphic designs, digital illustrations, or photographs. Students may use any available design applications/programs. Save the design into .jpg format. If chosen, a hi-resolution copy or original file may be requested.
5. Any writing on the poster must be in SPANISH and/or PORTUGUESE.
6. Winning posters will be reproduced and reprinted; Clear artwork and easy to read messages are best.
7. All posters must be the student’s original, creative artwork, including illustrations, images, or quotations. Depictions of cartoon, video game, and movie and/or theme characters, television characters, and past poster designs do not constitute creativity and originality. ABSOLUTELY NO COPYRIGHTED images, figures, or wording are to be used. AATSP holds no liability for copyright infringement.
8. LIMIT: A teacher may submit a maximum of THREE (3) posters for the 9th-12th Digital entry.
9. Each poster must be accompanied by the Student Information Form. PLEASE TYPE in the Word document all information. Entries with illegible student information will NOT be considered.
10. ONLY IF your AATSP Chapter does “not” offer the Contest, email entries to Crystal Vicente at [email protected]
11. JUDGING CRITERIA: Posters will be judged on their visual impact, over-all appealing effect, applicability to the theme, neatness, creativity, and originality.
12. Winning posters will be displayed on the AATSP Website, showcased at the annual conference, and reprinted as necessary.
Photo images of the posters should be taken before submission of the entries, as entries become property of AATSP and will not be returned. Permission to use poster image and the name of the school and of the student is granted with submission of the entry.
Mail and Email posters to:
Bland County High School
176 Eagles Road
Rocky Gap, VA 24366
Posters must arrive by March 1 to be included in the AATSP-VA K-12 Poster Contest.
The AATSP-VA board members will judge the posters. The top three posters from each grade level category will be sent to compete in the national AATSP K-12 poster contest.
*Package the posters flat (not rolled or folded) and protected by cardboard.
*Mail posters first class.
*Teachers of winning students will be notified by the end of April 2018.